God is Spirit.
- John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is one God in three persons.
- Deut. 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!
- Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
- 2 Cor. 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.
- Eph. 2:18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
- 1 Pet. 1:2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.
- 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
God is Holy.
- Is. 6:3 And one cried to another and said "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!"
God is perfect and expects us to be perfect.
- Matt. 5:17-19 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
- Matt. 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
- Rom. 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
- James 2:10-11 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
God loves Himself above all things and has ordained all things for His own glory.
- Ezek. 36:22 "Therefore say to the house of Israel, "Thus says the Lord GOD: 'I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went.
- Prov. 16:4 he LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.
- Is. 48:9-11 "For My name's sake I will defer My anger, And for My praise I will restrain it from you, So that I do not cut you off. Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it; For how should My name be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another.
- Rom. 11:36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.
- Col. 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
- Eph. 1:11-12 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
- 1 Cor. 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- Is. 43:7 Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him.”
God is sovereign and has ordained all things that come to pass.
- Ps. 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.
- Prov. 21:1 The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.
- Is. 45:7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.’
- Is. 46:10-11 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, “My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’ Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it.
- Lam. 3:37-38 Who is he who speaks and it comes to pass, When the Lord has not commanded it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High That woe and well-being proceed?
- Dan. 4:35 All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven And among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand Or say to Him, “What have You done?”
- John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
- Acts 13:48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
- Acts 17:26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
- Rom. 9:11-13 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), it was said to her, “The older shall serve the younger.” As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”
- Rom. 9:19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?”
- Eph. 1:11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
- Eph. 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- Phil. 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
- 2Tim. 1:8-9 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
- 1Pet. 2:8 and “A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense.” They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
God's secret decree is only for God to know.
- Deut. 29:29 “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
God is immutability (unchanging).
- Num. 23:19 “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
- Mal. 3:6 “For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
- James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
- Heb. 6:17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath,
- Heb. 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.